We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. You acknowledge that your continued use of the Sites and Services means that the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information is subject to the updated Policy.
Information We Collect
We collect information that you knowingly give us when you submit your information through the Sites, contact us, or otherwise access or use the Services.
This may include:
- Any form submission
- Newsletter sign up
- Content download
- and more
We collect contact and/or professional data about you in person, through communications and through our website. For example, you provide your contact and professional information to us when you request project information and/or follow-up from our website, download content and have meetings with representatives from our Company. Typically, contact data includes your name and contact methods, such as telephone number, email address, and mailing address and professional data includes details such as the organization you are affiliated with, your job title, role and industry.
Device/network data, such as IP addresses, unique IDs, session history and similar browsing metadata and other data from cookies and similar technologies.
Inference data about personal characteristics and preferences, such as demographics, interest, page visits, predispositions and behavior.
We collect Personal Information from various sources based upon the context in which the Personal Information is collected and used.
We may collect Personal Information from you directly, for example, when you submit information through our Sites, or contact us. We may receive Personal Information from third-parties with whom we have a relationship, such as customers, vendors and/or service providers.
We may collect certain Personal Information automatically in connection with your usage of the Sites or Services, such as certain device/network data that is automatically collected using cookies and similar technologies when you visit the website.
How Information is Used by Us
We may use the information you provide to us as follows:
- To deliver and improve the Sites and Services.
- To compare and verify information for accuracy and update our records.
- To email, text, message, web chat or otherwise contact you with information and updates about us and the
- Services, and respond to your comments and questions, if you have provided us with the means to do so.
- On a de-identified, aggregated basis, analyze how you use the Sites and Services with third-party tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Sites or Services.
- To create targeted advertising to promote the Services and engage our users.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share or sell your Personal Information with other nonaffiliated people or third-parties, except with your consent or as necessary to provide any Services you have requested or authorized, as set forth below.
To help us provide the Services, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third-parties:
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our vendors, partners, affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
- Advertising partners: We may disclose your information to third-party advertising companies that collect information about your activity through the Sites to help us advertise our Services, and/or use customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
- Other: We may also transfer your Personal Information to a third-party as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of the Sites; and to protect the rights or property of Ross Recreation Equipment Company, Inc. In such event, and to the extent legally permitted, we will notify you if there are material changes in relation to the processing of your Personal Information and give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
- Even if you are only browsing the Site, certain information (including computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system and Site details, and the time of accessing the Site or Services) is automatically collected about you. This information will be collected every time you access the Sites and it will be used for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
- Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our thirdparty advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Sites and to help determine how you found the Sites.
The following applies to you only if you are a resident of California
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third-parties or corporate affiliates for those third-parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes.
Please note the following:
- Users are able to change their Personal Information by emailing us or by calling us;
- Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals that give you control over the collection and use of web browsing information. Because uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, we do not process or respond to such signals in users’ web browsers at this time; and
Your Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
As a California consumer, you have a right to request what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
As a California consumer, you have the right to request that we delete any or all of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request to delete your Personal Information if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
As a California consumer, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. Please note that we do not sell any Personal Information.
Right to Non-Discrimination if You Exercise any of Your Rights
As a California consumer, you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, if you exercise any of your California rights, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of services.
How to Exercise Your Rights to Know and to Delete
To exercise your rights to know and/or to delete described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 707-538-3800
- Emailing us at [email protected]
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or your authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Security of your Personal Information
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You have several choices regarding the use of your Personal Information:
- Changing or deleting your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by such user by contacting us at [email protected]. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Download or access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information by emailing us at [email protected].
- Opting Out of email communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Ross Recreation Equipment Company, Inc., products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the optout instructions, such as clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar optout language) in those communications. Despite your indicated email preferences, we may send you service-related communications, including notices of any updates to our Sites or this Policy.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from anyone under 18 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Links to Third-Party Websites
If you have any questions about your privacy or security at the websites, or wish to update your Personal Information, please send an email to [email protected].